Fishing and Seafood Industry in Alaska
Data available for the following regions:
- Aleutians/Pribilof Islands
- Includes data from the Aleutians East Borough, Aleutians West Census Area, and harvesting data from the Chignik and surrounding area.
- Includes data from the Municipality of Anchorage and Matanuska-Susitna Borough.
- Bristol Bay
- Includes data from the Bristol Bay and Lake and Peninsula boroughs and the Dillingham Census Area.
- Includes data from the Kodiak Island Borough.
- Includes data from the Denali, Fairbanks North Star, North Slope and Northwest Arctic boroughs and the Nome, Southeast Fairbanks and Yukon-Koyukuk census areas.
- Includes data from the Kenai Peninsula Borough and the Valdez-Cordova Census Area.
- Includes data from the Haines, Juneau, Ketchikan Gateway, Petersburg, Sitka, and Yakutat boroughs and the Hoonah-Angoon, and Prince of Wales-Hyder census areas.
- Yukon Delta
- Includes data from the Bethel and Kusilvak census areas.
Most Recent Articles in
Alaska Economic Trends
- Fishing Jobs Decline 4.9 Percent in 2018 (November 2019)
- Fishing Jobs Rebound (November 2018)
- Commercial Fishing Employment (November 2017)
- Determining Salmon Prices (November 2016)
- Seafood Harvesting Jobs (November 2016)
- Residents in Seafood Processing (November 2016)
- Seafood Harvesting (November 2015)
- Seafood Harvesting Jobs (November 2014)
- Seafood Processors (November 2014)
- Alaska’s Community Development Quota Groups (November 2014)
- Winter Fisheries in Alaska (February 2014)
- Fishing Jobs Up Slightly in 2012 (November 2013)
- See all seafood articles