$75 Non-refundable Application Fee for all renewals and new licenses
$100 License Fee -- two year license
- be at least 21 years of age
- be a resident of the Fairbanks North Star Borough for 30 days immediately prior to the date of application
- be able to read, write, and speak English
- have a current Alaska driver's license
Applicant must NOT:
- have had a conviction within 24 months of a moving violation resulting in suspension or revocation of their license, reckless or negligent driving, or driving while license suspended or revoked
- have had his driver's license suspended or revoked within two years prior to the application date.
- have had a felony conviction within eight years or a misdemeanor conviction within four years of: prostitution; any offense under AS Title 11, Chapter 71, Controlled Substances; any felony or misdemeanor which includes as an element the use or threat of force upon a person; burglary, felony larceny, fraud or embezzlement; any sexual offense; any homicide or assault involving operation of a motor vehicle; two separate felony convictions of any type; operation or driving a vehicle while intoxicated within five years or within eight years for a felony conviction; refusal to submit to a chemical test as defined in AS 28.35.032 within five years or within eight years for a felony conviction.
- be a sex offender or kidnapper subject to the registration requirements of AS Title 12, Chapter 63.
The City Clerk's Office performs all background checks required to obtain a chauffeur license. We will not accept driving records or criminal history reports from ANY private or governmental agency.
Number of Licenses on December 31, 2014
Last updated April 2015.