School Bus Driver
CDL with School Bus Endorsement - $100 (16 or more passengers w/driver)
Add School Bus Endorsement to CDL or non-commercial license - $15
Non-commercial license with School Bus Endorse. - $20 (Less than 15 passengers)
Duplicate - $15
Renewal - $100 for CDL; $20 for non-commercial
- Must pass a road test in a representative school bus. Must be licensed in Alaska. Prior to road testing must hold a commercial license permit with the school bus and passenger endorsements for a minimum of 14 days.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have 3 years of driving experience.
- Complete a training and certification program approved by the Pupil Transportation Services of the Alaska Department of Education.
- Must provide and maintain on file with the DMV a current DOT Medical Certification Card and if commercial license must Self-Certify with the division as Not Excepted Inter or Intrastate
- Fingerprint card and $49.75 background check fee is required for original license or to renew license.
- Must not have a disqualifying conviction. See list at: http://doa.alaska.gov/dmv/akol/pdfs/Schoolbus%20disqualification%20list.pdf
Number of Licenses on December 31, 2014
Last updated April 2015.